Views

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Legal to Drive in India

The roads were not safe before, but they certainly are not safe now. I just received my drivers license for India.


Legal to Drive in India
My Karnataka License

I am licensed to drive two and four-wheeled vehicles anywhere in India. And, this does not expire until 2023! It turned out not to be too difficult to obtain either. I went to a driving school for five minutes and took a test in the license office to get my learners license. One month later, I drove less than one kilometer with a driving instructor. When he exited the car, a police officer stepped in, and we drove the exact same course. Total cost was less than fifty US dollars. Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, I had to go through lot of pain to get a license..

    ReplyDelete