Views

Monday, September 26, 2011

NX-OS Piping Options

Pipe Dream by s_w_ellis
Pipe Dream, a photo by s_w_ellis on Flickr.

A friend forwarded to me the options he sees when working on his cisco Nexus 7000. I must say that I am impressed. It surprises me that network gear from all vendors is not like this: processors are fast enough, DRAM is cheap, flash is plentiful and all this software has open source options. Oh, how I wish I had grep, or even just the ability to pipe multiple times, on all this gear I manage. NX-OS seems to have all the commands an administrator would need to easily manage a large configuration from the command line. Running Linux under the hood is not such a bad idea.

Note: The image is simulated, based on copy and paste from an email, just in case it looks different from your Nexus.

No comments:

Post a Comment